Wednesday, October 10, 2007

On The Town

So my dearest Jennifer came into town over the weekend....and boy did we have fun. It started with dinner at Kaijou (which is next door to Liberty View).

She and Sara enjoyed sushi, while I kept it tame with tempura chicken - we ate and enjoyed the view of the Statue of Liberty.

The following days were a whirlwind of shopping, eating, shopping, eating, walking, shopping...and some more shopping. We hit up Sephora and H&M on 5th Ave, Canal Street and SoHo side streets, and a fabulous street fair that took place on Columbus Day right by Wall Street and Trinity Church. I thought I was a shopper but I have since learned that no one can hold a candle to Jen (just kidding Jen! If I didn't live here I would've been just as bad!)

In addition to shopping, we hit up some great restaurants. I mentioned Kaijou, but we also went to California Pizza Kitchen, Southern Hospitality, Max Brennar, and Aroma Cafe. Southern Hospitality was definately the highlight. They have the BEST southern-style BBQ and cornbread. There will be future trips to this little hot spot on a regular basis.

On a previous occasion, Jennifer had tickets to see Wicked in Denver but hocked tickets, so we decided to give the Wicked Lottery a try ... and success was ours! I have decided that it's the luck of the visitors, because Sara's sister Claire won when she visited, Lyndee's friend Kim won when she visited, and now Jen! So I got to see Wicked (again!) front row. I feel so spoiled, but it was FABULOUS and Jen stated that it was the trip highlight. We also hit up some of my personal favorites - the places that I take everyone that's come to visit so far (all 3 of you.) Roxy's Deli, Times Square, the Staten Island Ferry. Good times were had by all, but I definately need a nap now. Jen, thanks for the memories! Love ya :-)



1 comment:

mandy said...

Before you posted the pictures I had no idea you were talking about Hebiner! She looks gorgeous (as usual)! How fun for you guys! Now how am I going to get someone to watch my kids so I can come to NY for the Official Courtnie Checketts Tour of the Big Apple?