I have to say that I have never had much of the travel bug...I enjoy travel. I like to travel. I enjoy seeing new places and experiencing new things. But I have never craved travel.
Until now. I have always said that it's out of my "budget" {like I really live on a budget?!} or that I don't have to money to do it.
But the truth is, I do have the money. I am just really stupid in the ways that I spend it! How many towels do I really need? How much more can I possibly cram into my little New York space?
So I have decided this. I am in full purge mode. I want to get rid of things in my closet. I want to get rid of things that are in my way, or that I don't use. And by doing that, I can:
1. maybe make a buck or two.
2. feel a little free-er {is that a word?}
3. stop spending on stupid things, and do the things I want to do.
Like travel. I have a trip planned home, a trip to Duck Beach and trip to Rhode Island on the horizon. I want to hit up: London, Italy {Rome, Venice}, Paris, Alaska, St. Thomas.
I've got the bug.
PS. subsequent posts to follow with details of some items for sale...
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great idea! Glad to you haven't left off Paris on your list of places to visit. By the time you make it here, the Parisharing concept will be ready for you. It's all about affordable stays in authentic Parisian homes.
Don't forget when the time comes around!
www.parisharing.com
Rummage Sale! Love it! Let me know if you want others to donate as well to get this party started!
Once you get the bug it's bad. I would know! I used to feel the same as you but after living here this long all I want is travel, travel, travel! And the more I talk to people who travel, the more I want to go.
I've always said I couldn't really afford it either, but (a lot of times) it's such a choice. I used to say I couldn't afford it when I lived in my first apartment when I was paying HALF of what I pay now in rent! And I feel like I have more free money now than I did back then. It's totally a choice of priorities.
Make it happen!
Oh yeah, and what's this about Rhode Island?
Damn the economy!!!
Post a Comment