Friday, March 28, 2008

Tofu Addiction


Seriously. Addicted to tofu? Not a sentence I thought I would utter in my lifetime.

But it's true and it's happened. I am addicted to tofu. I blame it on my roommate, Cory, who one night made something that smelled delicious. I asked what it was and she replied, "tofu." I asked to try it, just to say that I did. Delectable.

I have since learned that I love browning my tofu (extra-firm) in EVOO (that's extra virgin olive oil for the uneducated) and then sauteing vegetables in Mr. Yoshida's. It's pretty amazing.

Also, Whole Foods makes delicious sesame teriyaki tofu that you can buy at their open bar. Again, delicious.

If you are a tofu nay-sayer, I urge you to reconsider and give it a whirl. I was shocked! Anyone who has tofu recipes feel free to share them. I am pretty excited about my new love.

2 comments:

Marti said...

Are you kidding me?!

Crystal said...

Uh, grody, dude. The picture look yummy until I realized it wasn't fried potatoes. I hope all is well way over there!