Monday, March 24, 2008

Parting Ways

I have a hard time getting rid of things. I am what you might call a pack rat. My mother would attest to that, as I have a storage shed full of sh** that I pay monthly for. Oh, and I haven't touched any of it in 1 year. In my defense, a good portion of it will come in handy when I finally have my own house to furnish/decorate.

I digress. The purpose of this post is to document the passing of one of my FAVORITE pairs of shoes. They have gone the distance, and today I decided that they could not withstand any further abuse. The whole sole was about to fall completely off and if I walked in the rain in them, my feet got wet.

So long. Lei really should re-release this golden child.
PS. Please note that I had to put them down the chute in our main hall so that I wouldn't attempt to retrieve them. I have a problem.

3 comments:

Patti said...

Hey Courtnie,
You are a long lost friend from SU! I am friends with Liz and Emily (CK) and found your blog on theirs. I am moving to NYC in June...You there? OK, You rock! ...I totally relate to your shoe story and refuse to give up my storage unit (aka "hope" chest/unit) that also has stuff for a home. Sounds like I won't have room for it in NYC. We'll have to meet for lunch when I get there... I just started my blog at "laughwithpatti@blogspot". Not much there but come by and say hi!

Jillinda said...

Those shoes are seriously cute. I have a shoe problem anyway so I can totally understand you wanting to keep them.

Maria said...

So glad I found your blog. I have those shoes and couldn't agree more - love thme! I hope mine last a bit longer, but they are looking pretty beat up as well....