Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dad said...

There are a few phrases that I have heard my father repeat over the years. It drove me crazy, but now I find myself using them on a (semi) regular basis. (And it still drives me crazy!)

The reason I thought of this now is that I am doing my taxes (yuck) and I thought of my dad saying, "There are 2 things in life you have to do: die and pay taxes." Now, I know that he didn't invent that saying; I just heard it from him.

Other words of fatherly wisdom:
-"Oh dear, bread and beer; if I were dead I wouldn't be here."
-"Go to bed, go to bed, woodenhead."
-"So there I was; 20,000 feet. Out of fuel and out of ammo."

So there you have it. A few things I learned from my dad.

1 comment:

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

So, here is blog stalking at it's best. I am a friend of Jennifer Moss, who is Marianne Moss's sister. You used to work at Stampin Up with my mother, Linda Hansen. Anyway, I knew you had moved to NYC so I wanted to know if you could give me some advice/insider information. Stampin Up is doing a cruise to Bermuda on the 27th and it's leaving from NYC. We are going in a few days early and staying a few days late to take in the city. We are going to Wicked on Friday night, the 28th, and would love to go to dinner in the theater district, but don't want to spend a TON of money. Any suggestions of restuarants would be wonderful if you would be so willing to answer me back would be IMMENSELY APPRECIATED!

Thanks!
Laurel King
laurellalaking@hotmail.com