
Yesterday was my lucky day and I didn't even know it.
I had the day off of work yesterday, and Kim D. and I decided that we were going to try for lottery matinee Wicked tickets. We left to head uptown about 11 o'clock and walked down the stairs at the Wall Street station right onto a 3 train. Kim said, "Today's our lucky day!"
We got in line to put our names in, and much to our pleasure, there were maybe only about 45-50 people there. We were met by Mister Mystery -- the guy who ALWAYS does the Wicked lottery in his hat and shades...same guy...what is his story?

We had 1/2 hour to kill, so we headed to Roxy's Deli and got a Black & White cookie. Back to the Gershwin Theater and Kim's name was drawn second! We won Wicked lottery!! Now I knew (from another experience) that Wicked Lotto tickets are FRONT ROW for CHEAP. $26.25 to be exact.
My high: Seeing Wicked on Broadway FRONT ROW. I'll never be able to see it again! The girl who was Elphaba was phenomenal, as was Kendra Kassebaum as Ga-Linda. Seeing a production from the front row is an entirely different experience. Kim and I were like 5-year olds at Disneyland. In utter awe.
As we're sitting front row, waiting for the show to start, Kim looked at the map of Oz. She, having a geographer background, wondered aloud what Oz's water sources were. We joked about it for a minute (maybe they have pumps from the Oz Lake that go to the city or there's a whole underground water structure...) Imagine the laughs we had when, in the middle of a classroom scene with Elphaba and the Goat Professor, Kim notices that the notes/timeline on the chalkboard say something about the Great Oz Drought. She leaned over and said, "See? They're concerned about their water sources too!"
6 comments:
How lucky are you?! Isn't Wicked fabulous?! I could see it again and again.
So lucky! You deserve good stuff like that, Chuck. So the black-and-white cookie really exists? You are all about the good food in NY. I have to come visit just so you can take me on a tour of the city's best treats!
It's sooo good to have my geekiness documented on-line! That was our lucky day!
Ha ha! I can't believe all the serendipity! Especially the part about the water sources! Ha ha ha! :)
Court~
Your blog really is one of my favs. Keep it up. You always seem to make me smile.
We saw Wicked in LA a few months ago (not on the front row) and it was amazing! I can't wait to see it again! I'm so jealous that you live in NY...it is one of my favorite places!
Post a Comment