Monday, February 10, 2014

{lucky 7?}


Folks. Today marks the day, seven years ago, that I began this love affair with New York. It's been the longest relationship of my adult life. 

It's cliche to say that it's been the best and the worst of times. It's been the highest or highs and the lowest of lows. It's been the easiest and hardest thing I have ever done. I love New York and I hate New York. There are days when you feel like you could jump for joy and burst with happiness, and days when you want to jump off a bridge or snap with sheer rage. You get the point. 

But I can tell you this. New York changes you. It's not for everyone, but for those who call this magical place home (even if just for a short time), we're never the same. 

When I moved here I thought it would be short to medium term - 2, maybe 3, years. While I can't see the end from the beginning, I can say that I am still in the right place. There are days I question it, no doubt, and who knows how long this will be my home...but I am proud to be a New Yorker. 

Cheers to 7 years and counting, and the countless friends and family who have been a part of this 7 year wild ride. 

xoxo. 


No comments: