after a serious blogging hiatus, I return to the regularly scheduled program. the last blog post I have is about hurricane sandy, and it has been 6-7 months since then.
what I have been doing, one might wonder? and that truly is the question du jour. I'm not even really sure, but I'm going to try to recap it here:
*dec 2012- celebrated the baptism of a close friend; continued to travel for work and even managed to squeeze a trip in home for christmas.
*jan 2013- rang in the new year in NYC in what stands to be one of the best NYE I have had. me, Rachel, ashley and lance did a pre-fixe menu at the smith and had an absolute ball.
*feb 2013- marked another year (6!) in NYC and another year older (anniversary of my 25th!); traveled a minute for work to glam places like columbus, ohio. in a fit of I-need-a-change-and-I-need-it-now, I cut over 10" off my hair for the first time in over 7 years. we'll just suffice it to say that it wasn't one of my shining moments of 2013, but everyone tells me it is great and long overdue.
*mar 2013- went to an amazing wedding of my cute ex-roommate, beth, in NYC at the Yale Club. an amazing couple and wonderful wedding.
*april 2013- gained a new short-term roommate while her life details get sorted; learned that life would get interesting when a dear friend (Rachel Courtnie Hope) announced she would be leaving the city in may. the rest of April was spent trying not to totally lose it (like I tend to do any time one of my best friends leaves the city)
*may 2013- took a trip to SLC to celebrate the birthday of my lovely Lori. we planned a surprise birthday gathering with her and some of our long-standing friends, which was a really great night & surprise for her. I also cleaned out my storage unit that has housed miscellaneous crap I own since 2002. that was a feat in and of itself. truthfully, it just moved to my moms house but the win is that I am no longer paying money to store that %*!$@. karli came back from slc to nyc for a week of laughs and playing. I miss her so much. the last week of may I took my annual trip to OBX for a long-awaited warm, sunny, beach trip. it's the trip each year that welcomes summer and helps bring back parts of my soul that I don't realize have died over the past years. I love the beach anyway, but sharing it with new and old friends makes it that much better.
the truth of the matter is this: winter 2012 was a long, dark winter. both literally and figuratively. I won't delve into the bloody details, because lets face it: this the is Internet and I don't want that out there for just anyone. but I will say that I am happy to be seeing the sun again...both literally and figuratively.
as always when I begin some blogging introspection - because frankly this is more for me than anyone else - I am acutely aware of 1) how truly blessed and fortunate I am and 2) how many amazing, and I mean extraordinary, people I have surrounded myself with. they are the reasons that I can face the day, even when I really don't want to.
so here's to resurfacing.
xoxox
Monday, June 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
xoxoxxoxxoxo
I know that I'm slow to read this post but I just did and can I just say how much I adore you? Seriously a fav xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment