Thursday, February 10, 2011

new york + me + 4 years = true love



4 years ago today I arrived at JFK airport. When I left to come to New York, I felt good about it. When I arrived at JFK and baggage claim, I was terrified. I wondered what I had gotten myself into and if I was really going to be ok and make it.

I am reflecting today, as I tend to do, about how fast time has gone, how much has changed, how much hasn't really changed, where I am going, where I came from, and what my future holds.

Here are some fun things to note about this day, 4 years ago:

1. I didn't have a blog, facebook, an iPod, a digital camera, or a laptop. I had an email account, the internet, an MP3 player, an LDS linkup account for 'social networking', and a hot pink Motorola flip phone.

2. When I arrived, I knew 1 person that lived here [or so I thought.] I moved into an apartment with 5 girls I had never met - Kelly, Sara, Juleen, Christina and Genevieve.

3. When I moved to New York, I had not visited prior. I started work two days after I got here. My first big touristy thing was Times Square. On Valentines Day [4 days after I got here] I went to Serendipity.

That's all I've got for now...happy 4th!

xoxo

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so glad you love it there! New York is lucky to have you.

Ashley said...

Congratulations! :) Glad you are doing well and still going strong in NYC!! It loves you too. :)