Tuesday, October 5, 2010

time.

I'm not sure when or how it happens, but the last time I checked it was August and now it's October. It really freaks me out. And the worst part is that I don't really know what I have been doing for the last 2 months [or this year, for that matter, but that's an entirely separate post!]

August was full of sunshine, heat and humidity here. But I loved it. New York summers are awful and amazing all at the same time.

So here is what I did in August:
- the beach
- planned an event for work [which went amazing!]
- went to the Berkshires [which was even more amazing!]
- walked home from work a lot
- tried Indian food for the first time
- bound my first book [coptic binding, for those interested...]
- watched outdoor summer movies on the Hudson
- live-band karaoke and BBQ at the BEST place in NY


And here is what I did in September:
- painted my first picture with acrylics via our craft night group
- went to Rhode Island & first apple picking trip of the year
- went to the beach
- helped with furniture installation at 4 corporate apartments
- had my first jury duty experience [grand jury, no less]
- lots of girls' nights, SATC chit chat, and all around shenanigans
- consulted with Rae and Em as their interior decorator for their studio's
- visited with Mar and Ben, which consisted of amazing NY eats [Ferrera, Cafe Napoli, Max Brenner, Liberty View and Doughnut Plant]

Side note: there has been a little bit of action on the boys/dating front. Nothing to write home about just yet....

Here are some pics of the summer adventures. Cheers!
















1 comment:

Divorced LDS Woman said...

Wow! I can soooooooooooo relate. I still think it is August. It isn't? Where did the time go?

I found your blog from a friend of a friend and I just had to comment when I saw this post.