Kids, it's hot here. Hotter than hell. If hell is this hot or hotter, I definately don't want to go there.
But that is not the purpose of this post. What is the purpose of this post, you ask. Good question! Not sure myself, but here are some thoughts, events, etc. Enjoy.
1. I love to sing. I am the only one home right now, so I have been rockin' out to my iPod on shuffle. It stareted with Alejandro on repeat, and has evolved to Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Snoop Dogg, Jason Mraz, Norah Jones, Jars of Clay, Lifehouse, and so much more. It's been awesome!
2. I love to dance. I decided (unwisely, I suppose) to go out dancing the other night. I have a friend who does club promoting - swanky clubs, no cover charges, private table - so I went out from 11.30pm to 4.00am. Not my smartest move, but I did have a good time and got my dance on. It's such a great outlet.
3. I went to Trapeze School this week. If you have seen Sex and the City, you know that Carrie Bradshaw/Sarah Jessica Parker did this on an episode. It's right on the Hudson and has amazing views. Me and 4 of my friends signed up and went. It was AWESOME! I have pictures and video from Rachel that I will be obtaining shortly - I have to trade her a makeup bag for the video :-)It was a total adventure, rush and I was sore for the next 3 days! You use more muscles than you think you would....our class got cut a little short because of a tornado warning [random right?!] so we got a 1/2 refund --- translation: we can go again!
4. June and July have flown by! Time is whizzing past and it boggles my mind. Things I have done during these 2 months: went to London, gone to the beach twice, trapeze school, worked, live band karaoke, ate out [a lot!], rented a car and went to ikea and costco, got 2 new roommates, went to DC to see Katelyn,
5. Work is good. I got a new job in March and it's been SO AMAZING - such a breath of fresh air. I love that I have nights and weekends off. Because of that, I have gone to DC a couple of times, am able to walk home or go to dinner with friends during the week, etc. I am an Executive Assistant, so I dabble in everything, but most notable are the events that I get to plan and the international travel I get to book! I haven't gone yet, and dont' know when I will, but it's likely that I'll get to go to Geneva, Switzerland for work, as well as Bangkok, Thailand in the coming year.
6. I am *trying* to eat better. I have roommates that are addicted to smoothies, and I have joined their ranks. A good smoothie is: spinach, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, banana and vanilla almond milk. It's so delish and pretty good for you! Today, because it's so frickin' hot, I threw some ice, water and lemon and lime into the blender and made my own slushie. It rocked.
I think that is enough random thoughts for now! Still jammin' out to tunes and they inspired me to sing and write. Hope you enjoyed.
Cheers!
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you've been good. It's hot here too but we don't have to deal with humidity. What an amazing opp. to get to go to Geneva and Bangkok! I'm glad your new job is working out and that you're liking it.
Post a Comment