Friday, June 18, 2010

facebook this

I am taking back my blog. I find myself posting stuff all the time on facebook, none of which can be retrieved for later reference - which might be good sometimes, come to think of it...

However, I have long neglected my blog which is really my journaling efforts. So I am officially back and here are my random thoughts for the day:

1. I was reminded that I should be more proactive in my dating situation. "Ask them out!" is what I was told...I might give it a try. I mean, I am not getting any younger.

2. Why are tickets to Salt Lake City as much as if I were to fly to Ireland, Paris, or the likes? Ridiculous.

3. I love New York. I say it a lot, but it's true. There are off-days, no doubt, but this morning I had a glimpse that I will share -- I took a cab to work, and my cabbie took me through Central Park. It was about 9am on a gorgeous summer, sunny morning. There were people out running, biking, walking dogs, painting, photographing, camping out for Shakespeare in the Park tickets ... and I thought to myself how amazing it is that when New York was developed, they had the foresight to set aside this chunk of land. Central Park to New Yorker's is truly blissful. Everyone loves it and loves to spend time there doing any of the above listed activities.

4. I am grateful for good friends. I had a rough spot earlier this week and everyone stepped up to offer an ear, advice, a night out, or just a shoulder to cry on. At the forefront -- my mother. Shout out to my mother who ALWAYS, ALWAYS is there for me and is so sweet and compassionate.

5. I ordered a external hard drive on Wednesday online and just got it in the mail this morning! JACKPOT! Backing up the lappy and pictures!

That is it for now, but coming soon....

my London update and pictures. Here are a couple for sampling:




No comments: