Monday, January 5, 2009

it's a Festivus miralce!

The holidays have come and gone. I am in utter disbelief that time goes so quickly.

My family dropped into town for 12 days of New York bliss. What ensued was a whirlwind of touring the city, eating, shopping, eating, watching the "Dog Whisperer", eating, and more "Dog Whisperer".

Here is a almost-all-inclusive list of what we accomplished--

They did tours of: Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island, Madison Square Garden, the Met, the Intrepid {I joined}, Sports Musuem, Radio City Music Hall, and NBC Studio

We ate at: Cafeteria, 202, Liberty View Chinese, Cafe Napoli, Max Brenner, Ferrara {for cannoli's, of course!}, Chelsea Market

We cooked: lobster bisque, caramel bread pudding, ravioli with brown butter sauce, herb-roasted turkey breast, stuffing, and our killer yams

Broadway shows: Spamalot {all 3 of us}, Wicked {Parker won lotto}

Attempted Broadway shows: Avenue Q and Shrek lotto {no wins}, and Mamma Mia {standing room only - sold out}

When all is said and done, we had a great time!

Here are just some of the pictures - I could post a hundred, but I'll spare you all the boredom.
















2 comments:

Aimee said...

You have a fantastic eye for photography. Miss you Checks.

Sara said...

Starting to miss it....just thought I'd let you know.