I realized that with my post about my new phone, the flip-side was unknown. I started to post about it, but never published it.
Remember about a year ago when my flip screen just died? And I had to get a new phone? Or maybe you didn't know...but now you do.
Anyway, almost one year (to the stinkin' day) my magenta Motorola Razr went on the fritz. The screen died, rendering my phone useless. I had to "upgrade" my contract/phone and got a new one. Which did the same thing, almost one year later. The screen goes off - it goes on. It has lines - it has the picture. It's black - it's white. If I flip the phone closed the screen won't come back. I have to take out the battery, put it back in (with the phone open) and power the phone back up. Sometimes the screen will come back; sometimes it won't.
Essentially over the last 2 months, I have left my phone open so that I could send and receive texts, see calls, etc.
Yesterday I had my breaking point. I put in a call to T-Mobile, and I'll spare all the details, but I talked to 6 different people at T-Mobile, 1 person at the insurance company, and 1 person at Motorola. Time spent: 1 hour, 20 minutes. By the end I was pretty frustrated - borderline irrate, but I kept it cool and Erik hooked me up with a new phone. Free of charge (but I did have to extend my contract for another 2 years. Maybe I was suckered, but it's an immediate fix.)
I'm so excited to have a new phone. And I'm happy it's not a Motorola.
**here is the the post I had written previously about my phone:
Just a little over 1 year ago, my magenta Motorola Razr phone died on me. The screen just blacked out one day. Which was fine, considering I had a rubber band holding the screen on - which I had pulled off to clean the lint that got trapped between the phone and the phone screen. Let's just say that Motorola might not make the highest quality phones and it was time for me to move on.
So what did I do? I replaced it with the same phone. One would think that I would learn. Nope. I like to repeat my mistakes.
Well, the last 3 weeks my phone has been on the fritz. The screen won't work (again) if I close my phone...keep it open and it's fine. Today might be the last straw...the voice activation on it keeps trying to on its' own to call people. The buttons on the keypad don't work at all. And it just keeps shutting off on its' own.
Stupid technology.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment