Sunday, October 12, 2008

{ new york love }

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love this city.

I found this on Rachel's blog and wanted it on mine.


What makes someone a New Yorker?


Flat feet and asthma.
-Tony Kushner
Playwright


When you measure distances in blocks.
-Martin Scorsese
Filmmaker


Getting the joke.
-Nico Muhly
Composer


If the Popemobile happened to cut you off in traffic and you immediately gave him the finger, you, my friend, are a real New Yorker.
-Denis Leary
Comedian


Worst thing about New York?


Midtown tourists holding hands and walking slowly.
In the circulatory system of this city, they are human blood clots.

-Conan O'Brien
Late-night host


Where else in the city you'd like to live?


I don't believe you're actually free to choose your neighborhood here.
The neighborhood chooses you.

-Martin Scorsese


Craziest New York story?


After a career in the nation's biggest police department, are you kidding?
-Ray Kelly
Police commissioner


First apartment?


Eightieth and Columbus.
I knew instinctively I was not cool enough to live downtown.
We had a rat situation because of the construction of the Hayden Planetarium.
-Tina Fey
Comedian


A sixth-floor railroad walk-up in Little Italy.
Twenty dollars per month.

-Edward Albee
Playwright


New York's best decade?


Now; always.
-Edward Albee


Isn't the answer whenever you moved to New York?
-Nico Muhly


Most accurate New York stereotype?


We get stuff done fast.
I just got back from a week on the West Coast, and I don't know how those people haven't chilled themselves into extinction.

-Nico Muhly


Current neighborhood?


The West Village is the farthest north my husband's ever lived, and I think the same will be true of our son.
-Sarah Jessica Parker
Actress


NoLiTa.
A lot of people from around the world live in midtown.
Downtown is more occupied by real New Yorkers.

-Ian Schrager
Hotelier


Biggest New York fear?


That all the bodegas, Korean markets, and delis will close and I'll have to get my paper and milk at CVS.
-Sarah Jessica Parker


New Yorker who'd make the best president?


The guy I buy my morning coffee and paper from.
He is very diplomatic and smart and he seems to have an answer for everything.

-Brooke Shields
Actress


Favorite place to be alone?


Central Park.
It's a miracle to have it near you.
-Mike Nichols
Director


Favorite New York noise?


A home run in Yankee Stadium.
-Mike Nichols

1 comment:

Rae said...

Welcome back to the blogging world friend.
To answer your question, no, I haven't been on the seriously so blessed blog in about a month, why?