You know when you realize that you have friends that were a big part of your life but they are no longer? You realize that you have drifted apart; you don't really know each other anymore?
I used to know intimately several people who have since dropped out of my life. I don't spend a lot of time mourning (if you will) the loss, but every once in awhile, I realize that I miss them. I miss knowing how they are doing, what's making them happy or unhappy, how they and their family are doing, what's truly going on in their life. I miss spending time with them. Miss the friendship and conversation.
Here's to past friends: for being an important chapter in my life. I love and miss you.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a sweet post. It's ironic that I actually checked your blog today (it's been so long). You expressed something that I feel all the time towards old friends. Thanks for putting my own thoughts into words. Glad to see that everything is still going well for you in NYC.
I miss you too Court! We had some good times together. Hopefully we can get together one of these days and catch up. I think about you a lot and am happy you are in New York. You are the ultimate city girl! They're lucky to have you!
Love ya...
Galaxy
Here's to you lady! I just happened upon your blog today and I love your post. All too true. I find that eventhough you aren't in those people's present, when you do meet up again it's just like old times.
I hope you are doing in well in life. Your blog is wonderful and I love living vicariously through your crazy city life.
Tourt.... You know that I will always love you and will always be grateful for the huge part that you have played in my life. Our lives may have drifted, but I hope that our friendship will always be a constant. You are an amazing person and I feel lucky to call you my friend.
Post a Comment