But there are the days that you absolutely love this great city called New York. For me, they are more often than not.
Today was one of those days. It was unexpected and fabulous. I met up with Sara in Times Square to try our luck at the Wicked lottery. We grabbed dinner (salads!) at Cosi, and I hit up a street vendor for a new shirt.
Would you believe I didn't own one of these yet? $3 well spent.
Sara then suggested that we walk over to the West Side Highway and walk down. I agreed. It was a really pretty night. Just to get an idea of the length of our "walk" you can click HERE. We had a blast and found some really cool things along the way.
Like maybe we found a barge that has been turned into a restaurant. We went back to eat already, and found that not only is the atmosphere great, so is the food. Double bonus.
The walk took us about 4 hours and was 5 1/2 miles. We took our own time, but it was seriously a gem of an evening. The best kind. Spontaneous, fun, and filled with adventure. I love New York.
*note: the actual date that of our West Side Highway adventure was July 24th. It was our way of paying tribute to our pioneer heritage. They walked thousands of miles...I walked 5.5.
2 comments:
Love it Court! That WAS as truly fabulous night! I'll never forget that night. And don't you forget our deal....if you can make that happen I'll be convinced to stay!
So, I do check your blog...but just not as often as I used to...I don't check anybody's like I used to...so I missed your poll. Sorry.
I'm glad you are still loving New York. Coming home anytime soon?
Post a Comment