Monday, June 16, 2008

Everyday Life

I have been going through some of my pictures on my lappy and realized that there are some things that I have not posted about. No landmark events...just everyday things that are my life and make living here fun.

Here are a few, in no particular order:

Karaoke nights - Kim has a Playstation and 5 karaoke games. We find it to be a good late night, Sunday, or just anytime event. It always results in laughther and fun. Not the greatest picture of me, but I was singing "Breakaway" at the time.


Shack Shake - there is this great place in Madison Square Park (23rd and Broadway) that (usually) is only open for the spring/summer. New Yorker's are crazy about it. Burgers, fries, and of course, concretes, shakes and ice cream. It's pretty amazing and the line is always really long (as in up to 1 hour sometimes.) We have learned that the trick is to hop in the B Line; you can only get ice cream, concretes and shakes in this line, so it moves MUCH quicker.


Sunday dinners and walks - Brenda is fabulous and makes dinner for us every Sunday after church. I'm pretty spoiled...we like to eat, take naps, sometimes karaoke or talk walks. This is Sara and I in Battery Park City with our DC's (and Sara on the phone.) I need to get some pictures of Sunday dinner!


*image courtesy of mlw photography

Views - I have excellent views daily. The view out my window is pretty cool...looking into the "concrete canyons" as we've begun calling them. When there are fireworks or thunder, it booms and echoes through downtown loudly - it's pretty cool. Other daily views I have forgotten about:
-running back over the Brooklyn Bridge (image courtesy of mlw photography) into Manhattan. I don't think that I'll ever get sick of that
-Statue of Liberty - what a marvel - I see it now all the time and forget what it really stands for
-Trinity Church, Wall Street and the NYSE - I have a collection of pictures now from every season. I have also made guest appearances in about 500,000 other peoples pictures (ha!)

There you have it. A glance at some everyday things that keep me loving this city more every day.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I want a copy of that picture of us with our trusty Diet Cokes! That deserves to be framed

Don said...

oh, the fun i miss out on from ny.

Jillinda said...

Wow these pics are so beautiful.

ww said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your life in the Big Apple. Here's a blog you might like:
http://nycdonutreport.blogspot.com/