Work has been a ZOO lately, but it's to be expected when you are closing an $11M store. What I wasn't expecting is the disturbing and gross human nature that is coming out. People fighting over rugs, pillows, comforters. You know. The really important things in life.
And of course, the only things that people want to buy are the sale items. But all they pick up are the regular priced items. My whole day has been spent saying, "Not on sale. It's regular price." We're not going out of business. We're just getting rid of all the stuff that's been collecting dust (and other unmentionables) in our stock room.
The point of this post is merely this. It's been a stressful 2 weeks and I've let the important things go - laundry, groceries, bill paying, etc. I cannot wait until next week when this'll be over and I can take a few days off (hooray!) and breathe, go running and regain my sanity.
Jillinda tagged me today to list the 10 things that make me happy. I don't know if this is supposed to be things that made me happy today, or just things that make me happy in general, so I'm going to go with in general, since today kind of licked.
1. Crepes. Crepes make me happy. I had them for breakfast with butter and sugar and they were delightful. Actually, food, sugar, and Diet Coke make me happy in general, so I'll just throw that in here rather than having all 10 things that make me happy be about eating. I love food and food makes me happy. Candy, cookies, tofu, stir-fry veggies, pork dumplings, parmesan chicken...I could go on for days about food and the happiness it provides.
2. Sunshine and warm weather. Today was GORGEOUS and WARM! People in tank tops, flip flops, shorts, etc. I didn't have to wear a jacket to work today and tonight we are sleeping with windows open. I {love} warm and sunny weather. LOVE IT! I'm a different person when the sun is out.
3. Being able to spend time with friends and family. I feel much more complete and sane when I have free time to spend -- Thursday night institute, Tuesday night American Idol fests.... The last few weeks have been really tough and I look forward to some down town coming up! I love my friends and family and they make me happy. Surprise phone calls from my brother make me happy since they are rare.
4. Music. I love music and getting a new song for my iPod and just jamming out --- singing or dancing --- makes me happy. Karaoke nights also make me happy. I love singing.
5. Technology. Where would we be without technology? I'm happy for cell phones (I got mine back!) computers, TV, iPods, wireless internet, digital cameras, etc. We are so lucky and so spoiled. It hasn't always been this great, or this accessible. Remember in the late 80's when CD players came out and cost several hundred dollars?
6. East Coast living. Being here makes me happy. I love the opportunities and options I have here. Anything, anytime, anywhere. It may be a little indulgent, but I have enjoyed the accessibility I've had to excellent entertainment, food, shopping, jobs, education and travel. It's all here, or very close.
7. The gospel. Having a firm foundation and knowledge helps to keep me focused and happy when things are crazy.
8. Running. Running makes me happy. I have loved running on the Brooklyn Bridge when I get the chance. There's a 5k coming up and I'm so excited for it!
9. Puppies. I can feel my heart soften and my stress melt away when I see puppies. I love them. Newman is a cute little french bulldog that lives across the hall (he is the cutest ever!) and I could have the crappiest day and it all goes away when I see him and get to play with him. I miss my puppy at home, Noki.
10. Babies and kids. Again, heart softens, stress melts when I see babies and kids. I miss all my nephews from home, as well as all the kiddos of friends. I can't believe how fast they are all growing up!
So there you have it. 10 things that make me happy. In no order, and there are definately more, but this was good for me to end on a high :-)
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment