It was announced this week that our store would be closing a month earlier than expected. We're not going out of business - we're relocating somewhere in SoHo, but it's still "classified" (i.e. I'm not important enough to know!) We were planning for end of May and on Monday learned that it would be April 30th instead! 15 days to sell a lot of stuff, pack up and close.
It all happened so fast that I didn't really have time to think about it. Yesterday, Melanie (my roommate) asked if I was sad that I'd no longer be working in SoHo. And that opened the flood-gates. I've been in that store for 1 year - I'm really going to miss it! I'm going to miss a lot of the people that I work with, too. I'll be working at our store in Chelsea, which will be great, but I won't be with any of the other managers, which I am very sad about. At the end of the day, we all get along pretty well and have good times. I'll miss the rats, the bubbling toilet when it rains, the freight elevator that breaks down every other day, and all the other "bonuses" that the landmark store has to offer.
So, my next 2 weeks will be all-consuming work (is that really any different?!) - if you don't see blogs, or hear from me, just know that I'll be able to talk after the first week in May!
Wish me luck!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment