Wednesday, March 5, 2008

High Mileage

After an 8-hour work day today, my feet are feeling a little tired. They're in need of some TLC, so I soaked them in the tub, trimmed my toenails....and started thinking:

1. I need a pedicure. Badly.
2. I have put some serious mileage on my feet over the past year.

I found that there are approximately 2,000 steps in one mile. I wore a cheap-ie pedometer around for a few days and calculated that I walk AT LEAST 35,000 steps in a day. That's right...around 17.5 miles per day.

I am just over my year mark so that puts me at approximately 6,387.5 miles on my poor little footsies (just in the last year!) And that's a safe estimate!

Which takes me back to my #1. I need a pedicure. Badly.

Oh. And some new shoes :-)

2 comments:

Don said...

Look at the bright side... You're not sitting behind a desk. :)

chiggidy said...

i concur.