Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Good Days

WARNING: this is a long post. not so clever or funny - just a record of recent events since they were notable!

Saturday, the 9th.
I had a leisurely day of strolling the Upper West Side (UWS for us New Yorker's) Started at 96th and walked down Broadway just checking stuff out. Jennifer Convertibles, the bank, some little shops....the highlight was Sephora. Went in because I had a gift cert (thanks Mar, Am, Mandy and Deb!) A gentleman approached us to ask if we'd like free facials and color consultations as part of their event for the day....he had 2 cancellations. Hello? Who turns that down? Not Sara and I! So we got a "fresh look" for the day and boy did we look great! We continued down and ate at Gray's Papaya. Got on the train, headed to 34th street to Old Navy and then back uptown to meet up with Mel for Wicked lotto. While waiting, we partook of the usual waiting treats...Starbuck's hot chocolate. We did not win, which was a good thing (sort of!) because we had dinner plans at 8 at Cafe Lalo for Mel's birthday. Although it doesn't sound relaxing, it was!

Sunday, the 10th.
My one year anniversary!

Tuesday the 12th.
My one year at the barn anniversary!

Thursday the 14th (Valentines!)
My gift to myself was to have the day off. Since last year I had a great Valentine's that included eating at Serendipity for the first time, I wanted to have a fun, memorable day. I requested it with no real intent, other than to enjoy a day to myself; after all, I am my best Valentine :-) Sara's parents were in town, so we headed uptown to the London to visit them. We had lunch at Murals on 54th and then headed toward Central Park and the UWS. We looped and ended up back at the London...I had determined that I was going to go do the Wicked lottery because why not? I entered the lottery, headed to Starbie's and went back...and to my utter amazement, they called my name! Now, Sara and Lyndee had tickets to Curtains, Mel had class, Bren was working...I mean, people had plans! I'm sorry to Mel who would've given her left arm to join me....a text to Sara Spar**** and she was in! I met up with Sara, Lynd and Sara's parents at Junior's for dinner. Yummy pastrami sandwich. After that, I headed to the theater and stopped (of course) for Roxy's black & white cookies for Sara Sp. and I. The show was AMAZING (thanks Park - your birthday money to me bought my ticket!) - we literally were front and center. I am so lucky (this makes 4 times winning the lotto...I should start playing the real lotto!!) and happy valentine's-one year to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Next time I am in NY, you better win the lotto. THX for the card, i loved it.
peen