Today has been a great and fun day. It began at about 7:30am when I woke up to head to Columbus Circle and Central Park South to meet up with Sara and her family for the parade. The balloons are so much fun and great to see. I have to admit, however, that next year I will definately deal with the (bigger) masses of people and watch it near Herald Square/Macy's. It was a little anti-climatic without the performances, etc. but I am still SO glad that I made the effort to go!
After the parade, we took a quick jaunt to the Waldorf Astoria. It's beautiful and the room (ah, suite) that my friends parents are staying in is bigger than my apartment.
Then it was off to cook dinner. There are about 15 or so of us that stayed in the city for the holiday, so we collaborated efforts and cooked enough for a small army! I was in charge of: stuffing, sweet potatoes, and cranberry relish. I stole recipes from my mom - who is the BEST COOK EVER! - and the outcome was fabulous. Raves were offered and I accepted.
In addition to my stellar cooking, we had Libby on turkey and stuffing; Brenda on pies, pies, pies, and rolls; Whitney on turkey; Carly on pies and cranberry jello; Heidi on beans; Mel and Kim on appetizers (yummy bacon and tomato cups). Wow. We have/had so much food. Seriously, everyone was AMAZING! (and I'm sorry if I forgot someone on the list of providers.) Everything was fresh and from scratch by all. We have leftovers for days...
After dinner, there was chatting, napping and a movie - The Wedding Singer. And then there was pie. Don't worry. We had 6 pies. Two pumpkin, one raspberry, one coconut creme, two apple...
The moral of this story? I am thankful for: living in NY, yummy yummy food, friends and family (missed the fam today.), warm weather (it was 60 today), and my digital camera and laptop.
Love and miss y'all! Hope you had equally great Thanksgiving's!
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Happy Thanksgibing, back." -- Rose, You've Got Mail.
5 comments:
Hey Court,
I waatched part of the parade yesterday on TV and I was wondering if you and your friends would be watching it. I bet it was awesome to see it in person.
Happy Holidays,
Jillinda
P.S. If you check your email you should see how you can check my blog. :)
mmmm...looks yummy. I can't wait to be back in NYC. April will be here soon...
Chuck--what an awesome thanksgiving! I'm so glad you got such great pictures of everything. Loved the Scooby balloon pic--I'll have to show the boys. That was by far their favorite part of the parade. I'm so happy that you're having such great adventures! Love you!
P.S. I would hate people like me on Black Friday if I worked in retail, too! :)
Quite the feast chuck! I miss you!
I figured you would be at the P-rade. You never miss a social event and Meagan would be so proud of you for attending an event with large balloons and floats.
Post a Comment