Monday, October 29, 2007

Missing (a Utah) Winter?

For those who know me well, you know that I am not a winter girl. I prefer flip-flops to boots, shorts to pants, and swimsuits and a tan to a down coat and scarf. You get the point.

There have been brief moments over the past 2 weeks in which I have thought, "Gosh. I'm going to miss [insert whatever] this year." Totally foreign to me.

Here are said things, places, events, etc. that I will miss. It's bizarre to me, but I guess I do miss home a little bit :-)

1. Temple Square at Christmas. I'm sure that Times Square and Rockefeller will suffice, but they just won't be quite the same.

2. The Warren Miller Ski Movie. I just watched the snippet of it on Tawna's blog and realized I'll miss attending that. (*note - I found out that it's here in NYC on 12/12 at the Town Hall if anyone is interested...)



3. Skiing at Brighton with Mar. We had tons of fun the (one or two?) times we went last year.



4. The crazy 4-foot snow storms that paralyze the city. You wake up and it's just fresh, crisp, and quiet.

5. Working for the Sundance Film Festival. I did that in 2004, 2005 and 2007 - gonna miss 2008...

Good old Utah.

PS. for those who don't already know, I will not be home during the Holiday's. My mom and bro are coming to me for Christmas! I cannot wait...a real NYC Christmas!

3 comments:

Mar said...

Sad. I didn't know you weren't coming home. But at least you get your mom and Parker--are they gonna bring the yapper in a doggie carry on?

Skiing at Brighton was the best. Especially, when I caught your fall on film. But it wasn't a fall, you just tipped over standing there! :)

Paige said...

Oh chuckie! I can not wait to come and see you since you won't be home for the Holidays.

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

I totally understand missing Utah-I do all the time! but HOW fun to get a NEW YORK Christmas! Take lots of pictures!!!